Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Our Man In Charleston is an Encyclopedia of Little known history

While honing in on historical accuracy, this book lost me early on.  To be honest, it's one that my dad lives for.  He loves the attention to detail, sates, and names unloaded in heaps because he is both a scholar and eccentric history buff.  I found myself having to reread portions, check characters to make sure I was keeping the story straight, and putting it down in frustration all too often.  While I loved portions of the book, I found it hard to digest all of the information.  It is certainly not a slight to the author, who obviously worked diligently to craft a work that blended so many pieces together. I am sending the book over to my dad, and I am sure he will love it.  It was just too much for me.

As he completes it, I will come back and offer his perspective, or if possible, get him to share his own.

No comments:

Post a Comment