Friday, March 2, 2018

A Record of My Vinyl

The concept is so simplistic, but A Record of My Vinyl provides some much-needed organization and thought that those of us that love vinyl need.  Long gone are the records of my youth, the Commodores, Creedence Clearwater Revival, and mom's old Motown 45's. I wish I still had them, as well as my Prince Purple Rain on Purple Vinyl.  They are gone, but I have returned to the sounds of my youth, with a modern Victrola and a great blend of old school and new. Chris Stapleton has been releasing all of his material on vinyl, as well as Eric Church, Sturgill Simpson, and Nathaniel Raitleff. Vintage stock can get you any old hank or Jerry Lee Lewis you may want. The fact, vinyl is back.

Initially, my new collection was small, but now at around 25 in the rack, I find myself needing to find a way to organize them and keep track of which ones I have and notes as to what I am looking for and potential value finds.  This book allows for meticulous note taking and organization by about any method you should choose, as well as great information on care and usage.  I truly love having A Record of My Vinyl sitting in the rack with my records, new and old. I would love to have additional copies different with different color labels to prepare for a growing collection. It is a well thought out and prepared piece that vinyl loves must have.

No comments:

Post a Comment